Preventative maintenance is the routine maintenance you need to do on various items to keep them in proper working order. For example air conditioning systems should be cleaned and recharged every few years. This keeps them operating at peak efficiency which will reduce your air conditioning bills. Further it makes sure that they are only running as long as necessary which will increase their lifespan.
Automobiles need preventative maintenance as well. Simple things like changing your oil doing a tuneup and changing air filters will prolong your car's life and keep it operating more efficiently. Most automobile manufacturers recommend that will be changed every 3000 to 5000 miles. Typically regular oil will last 3000 miles, while synthetic oil only needs changed every 5000 miles.
Houses need preventative maintenance to. Your air filter on your here needs changed regularly. Gutters need cleaned out and air vents need to be checked to make sure they are clean. Houses also need painted and inspected to help prevent small problems from becoming major repairs.
Preventative Maintenance for Houses
- Clean out the gutters and make sure there are no leaks.
- Replace the air filter in the furnace/air-conditioning unit.
- Clean out the fins on the outdoor air-conditioning unit.
- Clean and vacuum the inside air-conditioning unit fins.
- Vacuum the vents and cold air returns.
- Clean dirt from around windows and insure they close properly and tightly.
Preventative Maintenance for Automobiles
- Change the oil every 3,000 miles.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Replace airfilter.
- Clean the cabin air intake and replace filter.
- Replace belts when worn.
- Replace hoses when they start to get old.
- Oil door hinges.
- Rotate tires so they wear evenly.
- Replace tires when they get worn.
- Flush radiator
Preventative maintenance for computers
- Blow dust from case.
- Blow dust from keyboard.
- Blow dust from fan on processor.
- Blow dust from fan on power supply
- Defragement hard drive
- Upadate antivirus software
- Update anti spyware software
- Make sure you have a backup of your important files